Laser hair removal is the technique through which unwanted body hair are removed and reduced by the use of a device that emits laser beams into the skin. The laser light is attracted towards the dark hair pigment and the hair follicles absorb the light into themselves. The laser beams disable the active follicles, making them unable to grow new hair. Hence, as a result, people are left with a clean and smooth skin that is free from surgical scars and unnecessary hair.
As laser hair removal rapidly gains fame in the Kissimmee/Clermont FL area, there are several considerations that need to be made regarding the choice of this treatment:
Laser Hair Removal Considerations
- The treatment is a long term process, needing multiple numbers of sittings with your dermatologist or skin specialist who is conducting the hair removal procedure.
- A light soreness and redness of the skin is to be expected after the hair removal therapy.
- For areas that are exposed to the sun, sunscreen is highly recommended before the treatment as laser light has less effect on tanned skin.
- Laser hair removal works well for people with light tones skins. The laser light gets immediately attracted to the dark pigment in the hairs, but with dark skin tones, this differentiation becomes difficult and the treatment might not have the expected results.
- Hair, that is of a very light color, i.e. white, gray or blonde, may not respond to the laser treatment as well as dark hair. This is due to the lack of pigment within light colored hair.
In spite of these considerations, people in the Kissimmee/Clermont FL area still opt for laser hair removal over other methods. So what is it that compels them to make this decision? Below are a few benefits of laser treatments that might even convince you about getting it done on your skin:
Benefits Derived from Laser Hair Removal
- Permanent and Efficient Results:
In today’s world, laser hair removal is the most permanent and effective means of getting rid of unwanted hair. It destroys the roots of the hair so that with repetitive treatments, hair growth becomes minimum or none at all.
- Long Lasting Results:
With laser treatments, you get a smoother and silkier skin for longer. You do not have to worry about shaving or waxing your skin before attending any parties or gatherings.
- Easy to Maintain:
Hair removal through the use of laser beams is very easy to maintain in the long run. Once the treatment is finished, a visit to your dermatologist every 6 months will retain your smooth skin without any weekly or monthly appointments or hassles.
- Cost Effective:
It seems funny to hear it, but it’s true! In the long run, the money you would’ve spent on waxing or buying razors and shaving creams is saved and gets deposited into your pocket.
- Time Saving and Painless Process:
Laser hair removal happens to be an almost painless procedure. You get quick and immediate results without any painful memories that would leave you cringing or crying.
- Harmless to the Skin:
As compared to other methods of hair removal, laser treatments actually benefit your skin, making it smoother, reducing pigmentation and uneven skin tones, and even minimizing the problem of in-grown hair.
Considering these benefits of laser hair removal treatments, it does not seem surprising that people in Kissimmee FL choose them over other means of hair removal. If you have also been convinced, then contact your dermatologist today to the get smooth and hair-free skin you desire!
About SunCoast Premier Medical of Clermont, FL
Serving Central Florida since 1999, SunCoast Premier Medical has been a leader in primary care in the Clermont – Davenport – Kissimmee area. Our intensive hands on training in certifications on facial cosmetics, injectables and non surgical rejuvenation, cosmetic liposculpture, advanced liposculpture training and certifications totaling over 400 clinical training hours of intensive, up to date latest techniques, protocols, surgical procedures and treatments help to provide the most effective, quality and comprehensive aesthetic care and experience to our patient base. Call SunCoast Premier Medical today at (352) 243-3555.