Personal Injury & Accident Care
Auto Accident and Personal Injury Care
Our physicians will perform a thorough medical exam and order any appropriate diagnostic tests. Once the medical exam is completed, recommendations for treatment will be made which may include medications and/or therapy to ease your pain and discomfort without any long-term complications. The doctor will also make recommendations for your work whether you need time off or restrictions, which might have an impact on your recovery.
Florida is a No Fault state and requires every licensed driver to carry PIP (Personal InjuryProtection). PIP coverage is medical coverage in the event of an auto accident injury. Many people remain unaware of the full scope of this coverage. PIP will cover your medical bills no matter who was at fault, whether you were the driver or even if you were a passenger in a vehicle involved in an auto accident. Florida Law states that every insurance policy complying with the security requirements of Florida Statute 627.736 shall provide personal injury protection to the named insured, relatives residing in the same household, persons operating the insured motor vehicle, passengers in such motor vehicle, and other persons struck by such motor vehicle and suffering bodily injury while not an occupant of a self-propelled vehicle, to a limit of $10,000 for loss sustained by any such person as a result of bodily injury.
Recent legislation in FLorida, requires that accident patients be sen by a medical doctor within 14 days of their auto accident injuires in order to qualify for the higher monetary limits in benefits and medical care coverage.
If you’ve been involved in an auto accident, you may not only be dealing with pain, but car insurance companies, agencies, lawyers and that alone can be extremely stressful. Our goal is to make your medical treatment as efficient and comfortable as possible.We specialize in healing injuries caused by Car Accidents
Dr. Mario Perez and his skilled staff will handle the insurance paperwork for you, book your appointments in advance, and provide regular reports on your progress to your insurancecompany. I f necessary,You do not need health insurance to get immediate help and treatment. Under Florida law, drivers must carry personal injury protection(PIP) insurance which covers your medical treatment if you’ve been involved in an auto accident even if you were at fault.
Dr Mario Perez specializes in Auto Accident Care & Personal injury Treatment treating patients with medical treatments, therapies and modalities such as:
- Excercise therapy: Exercise is a controlled physical stress applied to the body to help improve strength, range of motion, or flexibility. Exercise can be passive or active. Many times you will be instructed in a home exercise program. The home exercise program can be very important to help you return to normal function.
- Ultrasound therapy: Ultrasound is a deep heating treatment used to treat many musculoskeletal conditions like sprains, strains, or tendonitis.
- Phonophoresis (Iontophoresis): Phonophoresis is a form of treatment that involves the use of ultrasound combined with a medication gel. The medication is applied to the skin, and then ultrasound waves are used to help pass the medicine through the skin and into your injured body part.
- Electrostimulation: Electrical stimulation and TENS (transcutaneous electrical neuromuscular stimulation) is occasionally used in physical therapy to help decrease pain around injured tissue
- Mechanical Traction: is used in the treatment of low back pain and neck pain to help decrease pain and improve mobility in the spine while assiting in separating the vertebrae and decreasing compression of discs and spinal nerves.
- Massage: uses the hands to knead the injured tissues of your body to help decrease pain, improve circulation, and decrease muscle tension. There are many massage techniques, including effleurage, pettrisage, and trigger point massage.
- Heat therapy: Moist heat, or hot packs, may be applied to your body if you have an injury. The heat helps to increase circulation to the injured tissues, relax the muscles, and provide pain relief.
- Cryotherapy: cold packs or ice may be applied to your body to help decrease pain and control inflammation. Ice is usually used during the acute or initial phase of injury to limit localized swelling around tissues.
- Parrafin therapy: Paraffin especially helps to decrease pain and loosen up your hand and finger joints before exercise.
- Manual Therapy: performed by hand; the goals of manual therapy include relaxation, less pain, and more flexibility; help loosen tight tissues around a joint and help with flexibility and alignment. Manipulation, a more aggressive form of manual therapy, which uses rapid, forceful movements to position the bones and joints.
- Trigger Point Injections: Under direct care by your board certified physicians, you may get local inflamatory muscle, joints and tendons injections with a combination of homeopathic medications, antinflamatories, vitamins and in some occasions cortisone,to help relieve moderate to severe inflamation and improve overall mobility and wellbeing.
- Acupuncture: Combining acupuncture theory with the physical therapy approach of releasing myofascial trigger points and stress holding patterns, allows Acupuncture therapy to help many problems that are not responsive to other more common interventions such as medications or chiropractic management. In addition to traditional acupuncture and release of myofascial trigger points, craniosacral therapy is also incorporated, particularly for the treatment of chronic headaches and TMJ.
We are able to offer our patients these wide range of time-tested successful approaches for relieving pain as well as leading edge treatments that eliminate the cause of your pain. In fact, we are one of only a few medical practices in Florida that provides all of these medical treatments which allow our patients to recover from their injuries and back to their normal routine and lives faster and healthier.
Do I need diagnostic testing?
Depending on the severity of your condition after the accident and the results of your physical exam, treatment and response to plan of careyou may require further diagnostic testing. This may include an MRI or CAT scan, which gives a detailed picture of the soft tissue structures (muscles, ligaments, discs and internal organs).
From a scan the doctor can give a more definitive soft tissue diagnosis and determine the extent of your injuries and approximate the length of care or additional care may need to be given, including referral to other specialists if warranted.
What if I have permanent injuries related to the accident?
Our doctors are prepared to write a final injury evaluation report after finishing your treatment. This report will answer all the questions an attorney or insurance company adjuster needs to evaluate your injuries and assist your attorney in reaching a favorable settlement with the insurance company based on your injuries.
Our doctors prepare their impairment ratings evaluations using the American Medical Association guide for impairment rating, 6th edition, and are experienced expert medical witness in the field of personal injury.
If you have been injured, don’t let a non-medical provider care for your medical needs.
Let your trusted medical professionals take care of your injuries and well being while assisting you during these difficult times, call for a consultation or email us today!