ADHD, or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, is a very common neuropsychological disorder. However, it is not just confined to children; it is mostly diagnosed in teens and school age kids. While there are several reasons behind ADHD, the most common cause of this disorder is an unhealthy and nutrient-deficient diet. Improper intake of vitamins and supplements is the root cause of ADHD among children in Kissimmee Florida area.
A wholesome diet and intake of nutrients reduces the risk of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in children. But if the child already has ADHD, treatment is necessary. Vitamins and supplements are not the sole therapy for ADHD. However, they greatly aid the therapy and ensure a quick recovery.
Following are the seven most effective nutrients that aid in ADHD treatment. But make sure to consult an internal medicine doctor before giving any supplements to your child.
- Vitamin B plays a great role during the ADHD treatment. It aids in the brain’s development. There are several types of vitamins, each having their own benefits. Vitamin B12 strengthens the nerves and red blood cells. Vitamin B3, also known as niacin, makes the child active and energetic. Then there is Vitamin B6 which stimulates the release of serotonin in the brain. If your child has ADHD, make sure to feed him/her plenty of tuna, sprouts, watercress, bananas and mushrooms as all these things are rich in Vitamin B.
- Do you know zinc is also called the “intelligence mineral”? It is vital for proper functioning of the nervous system and development of the brain. 5 – 10 mg of zinc per day is recommended for a child with ADHD. Consult an internal medicine doctor to know the exact amount of zinc needed by your child.
- Magnesium is another must have nutrient for children with ADHD. Studies suggest that about 95% of children with ADHD are deficient in Magnesium. ADHD children are mostly very hyperactive and a proper intake of Magnesium produces a calming effect on their hyperactivity. Foods rich in magnesium include raisins, potato skins, nuts, beans and green peas. Children with ADHD are mostly given magnesium in between 400g – 800g per day. However, an internal medicine doctor can tell you better how much magnesium your child needs.
- Just like magnesium, Omega 3 fatty acids calm the hyperactive active behavior of ADHD children. Cold water fish and flax seed are abundant in Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Hyoscyamus is a natural homeopathic medicine. It produces a soothing effect on the restlessness, hyperactivity and disruptive behavior of a child with ADHD.
- Calcium is vital regardless of whether a kid has ADHD. It strengthens the bones and teeth. It is also said to cause a calming effect and reduces hyperactivity among kids, especially those with ADHD.
- Finally, there is Arsen. It prevents the extreme mood swings and temper outbursts that are very common in children who have ADHD.
There are many competent internal medicine doctors in Kissimmee Florida area. Make sure to contact one before feeding any synthetic form of nutrients to your child.
About SunCoast Premier Medical of Clermont, FL
Serving Central Florida since 1999, SunCoast Premier Medical has been a leader in primary care in the Clermont – Davenport – Kissimmee area. Our intensive hands on training in certifications on facial cosmetics, injectables and non-surgical rejuvenation, cosmetic liposculpture, advanced liposculpture training and certifications totaling over 400 clinical training hours of intensive, up to date latest techniques, protocols, surgical procedures and treatments help to provide the most effective, quality and comprehensive aesthetic care and experience to our patient base. Call SunCoast Premier Medical today at (352) 243-3555.